Who doesn’t want to save money on home cooling costs? With temperatures rising, we offer a great solution for keeping your home cool this summer. Window tint is an excellent investment to help you save money in the long run. You can reduce your home cooling costs by preventing the heat from getting through your windows in the first place.
How Does Window Tinting Work?
Depending on your climate, the efficiency rating of your windows, and which direction your windows face, you could reduce heat transfer through your windows up to 78% with window tinting. The transparent film can help give your air conditioning, and your wallet, a break during the warmer months. Our window film specialists can help you determine the tint that is best for your home. Rest assured; home window tinting is designed to block glare and reduce heat transfer without blocking your views.
Common Questions About Window Tint
Is window tint film applied on the exterior or interior?
- Our window film specialists install your chosen tint on the interior of your windows.
What types of windows are good for window tinting?
- Unless your window manufacturer says otherwise, window tint film can be applied to basic glass, heat-treated glass, and double-pane glass. If you have questions about your home’s windows, feel free to discuss with one of our technicians.
Can residential window tint harm houseplants?
- While window tinting helps block out UVA/UVB and infrared light, it will not prevent your houseplants from getting the sunlight they need. If anything, appropriate window tinting can keep your plants from getting scorched in your sunniest of windows.
Can window film protect my furniture?
- Yes! You can preserve the life of your furniture by installing window tint film. Blocking out UVA/UVB rays can prevent fading and sun damage.
How hard is it to clean tinted windows?
- It is recommended you give your freshly tinted windows about a week before cleaning them. Whether you do it yourself or hire out the job, you can easily clean your tinted windows with a gentle vinegar, dish soap, and water solution.
How long will my tinted windows last?
- With proper care, your window film could last up to 5 or 10 years. Discuss the specifics with one of our specialists to get an accurate estimate of what you can expect in your home.
What is Decorative Window Tint?
For additional privacy, you may want to consider decorative home window tint. These protective films offer visual appeal to complement their heat blocking properties. We offer decorative home window tinting in a variety of options, including textured, colored, frosted and patterned. Elevate your home’s exterior or even interior windows with something from our extensive catalog.
For window tinting in Park City and Salt Lake City, give the experts at Simply Cool a call.